Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation
Дата
Ответ на Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
Ответы Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 2:14 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > On 15 Nov 2021, at 09:15, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> > I think this is not an improvement.  It loses the ability of the caller the
> > specify exactly why a relation is not acceptable.
>

> Agreed.

+1.

> > I think a separate errdetail_relpersistence_not_supported() would be a better
> > solution (assuming there are enough callers to make it worth a separate
> > function).
>

> I still think that the v8 patch posted earlier is the better option, which
> increase granularity of error reporting with a small code footprint.

Thanks. Attaching the v8 here again.

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Вложения