Re: Switching XLog source from archive to streaming when primary available

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Switching XLog source from archive to streaming when primary available
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 19, 2024 at 8:25 PM Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Strengthened tests a bit by using recovery_min_apply_delay to mimic
> > standby spending some time fetching from archive. PSA v18 patch.
>
> Here are some minor comments:

Thanks for taking a look at it.

> [1]
> +        primary). However, the standby exhausts all the WAL present in pg_wal
>
> s|pg_wal|<filename>pg_wal</filename>|g

Done.

> [2]
> +# Ensure checkpoint doesn't come in our way
> +$primary->append_conf('postgresql.conf', qq(
> +    min_wal_size = 2MB
> +    max_wal_size = 1GB
> +    checkpoint_timeout = 1h
> +       autovacuum = off
> +));
>
> Keeping the same indentation might be better.

The autovacuum line looks mis-indented in the patch file. However, I
now ran src/tools/pgindent/perltidyrc
src/test/recovery/t/041_wal_source_switch.pl on it.

Please see the attached v19 patch.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team