Re: Use LISTEN/NOTIFY between different databases

От Igor
Тема Re: Use LISTEN/NOTIFY between different databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Its real situation. We use sharded cluster based on plproxy. The calling function for DB queries is equal in all databases (see plproxy documentation). Now we need to release some internal logic between clients based on certain events which occurred in this functions. The LISTEN/NOTIFY mechanism is very good feature, but event occur NOT in connected DB - i.e. in destination DB via plproxy wrapper. I.e. wee need subject.

then maybe you could have a process to do this work which connects to all the databases and issues the LISTENs and initiates whatever actions you need in the other database(s) ?

Yes, but it is workaround. The native way - is the "communication" on  DB-backend level.
It would be very good feature - possibility to set a destination DB in NOTIFY command as optional argument.

Is the developers read this list ? :)

--
john r pierce                            N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca                         mid-left coast

--
Regards