Re: Use LISTEN/NOTIFY between different databases

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Use LISTEN/NOTIFY between different databases
Дата
Re: Use LISTEN/NOTIFY between different databases  (Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 05/07/12 1:40 PM, Igor wrote:

> 2012/5/7 John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com <mailto:pierce@hogranch.com>>
>
>     On 05/07/12 1:13 PM, Igor wrote:
>

>         1.Is this possible in future releases ?
>         2. How I can organize interconnectbetween two clients
>         connected to different DB? I need call NOTIFY from pgsql
>         function in one database to another LISTEN client in another
>         database.
>

>     a listener isn't 'in a database', its a client application thats
>     polling for the notifications from the database its connected to.
>

> I understand this. But I need "link" between two clients, connected to
> different databases.
>
> Its real situation. We use sharded cluster based on plproxy. The
> calling function for DB queries is equal in all databases (see plproxy
> documentation). Now we need to release some internal logic between
> clients based on certain events which occurred in this functions. The
> LISTEN/NOTIFY mechanism is very good feature, but event occur NOT in
> connected DB - i.e. in destination DB via plproxy wrapper. I.e. wee
> need subject.

then maybe you could have a process to do this work which connects to
all the databases and issues the LISTENs and initiates whatever actions
you need in the other database(s) ?