Re: Transaction control in shards through PLPROXY

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: Transaction control in shards through PLPROXY
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Granthana Biswas
<granthana.biswas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. Have you implemented this while sharding your
> database? Did it cause any performance issues?

I used it for just several mission critical featured in one project,
not widely. What about performance issues - it could cause ones,
mostly if somebody forget to do commit/rollback as it still holds
locks. Moreover it involves application<->DBs communications and
persistence, so it is surely might affect performance.