Re: How to handle nested record data.

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: How to handle nested record data.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM, yi huang <yi.codeplayer@gmail.com> wrote:
> It turns out i also need to define a type for the result record of `foo`,
> because record can't reveal the structure of the result (it complains:
> record "r" has no field "somerow").
> I have to created this type:
>
>   create type foo_result as (somerow  SomeTable, otherinfo  varchar);
>
> then change `r record;` to `r  foo_result;` , no need change `foo` itself,
> and it works now.
>
> I don't know is this the best way to do this though.

I am not sure my assumption is correct but have not you tried to do it like this

SELECT * FROM foo(seq) AS (somerow  SomeTable, otherinfo  varchar)

it will probably help to avoid creation of a separate type for the
function result.

--
Sergey Konoplev

a database and software architect
http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp

Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com Skype: gray-hemp Phone: +79160686204

Сообщение: Re: Updateable Views or Synonyms.
Сообщение: Re: Updateable Views or Synonyms.