Re: dump using copy failed

От Ankur Kaushik
Тема Re: dump using copy failed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

PostgreSQL version 9.4

Both server is centos 6.6

Dump file is attached . which I am facing error to restore

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Raghavendra <raghavendra.rao@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Ankur Kaushik <ankurkaushik@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi ,

When Using pg_dump

Master Database

pg_dump -U postgres -n public  $Source_db -c -t $2 | gzip -9 > $db_path/$2_$1.dump.gz

dumping Other server Database

Using Restore Command

gunzip < $DB_PATH/$2_$1.dump.gz | PGPASSWORD="postgres" psql -U postgres -h 10.20.41.182 db1

AFAIK, your command is clean and it should work. So, I gave try at my end it worked well without --insert option in pg_dump..

-bash-4.2$ pg_dump -U postgres -n public postgres -c -t foo | gzip -9 > foo_table.gz
Password:

-bash-4.2$ gunzip < foo_table.gz | PGPASSWORD="edb" psql -U postgres -h 172.24.35.71 postgres
SET
SET
SET
DROP TABLE
SET
SET
SET
CREATE TABLE
ALTER TABLE
COPY 295

I am Getting Below Error

======
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "&#"
LINE 1: &#2361;

invalid command \N
=======

​Can you tell the two machines operating system which you are exchanging the data ?​

When I use --insert with pg_dump this works fine and restore the data Properly but insert is slow also there is no batch insert in postgresql.

What I concern using "copy in pg_dump" the field are separated in TAB delimited  can we explicitily ask pg_dump for fiield-terminated by ','  ?

There's no delimiter option in pg_dump utility command. If you are looking for delimited data, then you can directly use COPY command on the table.
---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation