Re: Typo in Documentation for Version 12 Section 40.3

От Octopus ZHANG
Тема Re: Typo in Documentation for Version 12 Section 40.3
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

I partially agree. But with the context, it doesn't assume we want `view<->visualize`  the data. It also says:

>> Another use for a materialized view is to allow faster access to data brought across from a remote system through a foreign data wrapper.

It is talking about 'the view' not the graph.

Yushan

Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> 于2020年1月9日周四 下午5:16写道:

> This sentence doesn't make sense. I think it should be:
>
> --- If people want to be able to quickly grab/obtain/get historical sales
> data, ...

I'm not a native english speaker, but I'm pretty sure that sentence is correct.
"graph" in this context refers to generating a graph of the data, which is made
quite clear in the sentence below the codesnippet:

        "This materialized view might be useful for displaying a graph in the
        dashboard created for salespeople."

cheers ./daniel

Apologize to any possible reply delay for time differences.
对于任何由于时差未能及时回复邮件的情况表示抱歉。