Re: format() function with string_agg

От Raj Gandhi
Тема Re: format() function with string_agg
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks David and Tom.  Unfortunately I can't immediately upgrade to 9.3.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 11:57 AM, David Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wednesday, September 24, 2014, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Raj Gandhi <raj01gandhi@gmail.com> writes:
> SQL with VARIADIC also gives the same error in 9.1:
> select format('%s %s', VARIADIC array_agg(val))
> from (values ('1'),('2')) src (val)
> ==
> ERROR:  too few arguments for format

You need 9.3 or later for that to work.  Per the 9.3 release notes:

    * Allow concat() and format() to properly expand VARIADIC-labeled arguments (Pavel Stehule)

                        regards, tom lane

Found it.

In the comments after table 9.6

This whole feature could maybe be made more visible in the 9.3 documentation but (arguably) since it was a feature and not a bug fix back patching was not possible.  Specifically it seems like it was too invasive a change to make it work properly in the back branches.

David J.