Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15

От Pavel Borisov
Тема Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I can agree with you that sending rebased patches too often can be a little annoying. On the other hand, otherwise, it's just red in Cfbot. I suppose it's much easier and more comfortable to review the patches that at least apply cleanly and pass all tests. So if Cfbot is red for a long time I feel we need to send a rebased patchset anyway.
>
> I'll try to not doing this too often but frankly, I don't see a better alternative at the moment.

Considering the overall activity on the mailing list personally I
don't see a problem here. Several extra emails don't bother me at all,
but I would like to see a green cfbot report for an open item in the
CF application. Otherwise someone will complain that the patch doesn't
apply anymore and the result will be the same as for sending an
updated patch, except that we will receive at least two emails instead
of one.
Hi, Alexander!
Agree with you. I also consider green cfbot entry important. So PFA rebased v43.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Borisov