Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 2:54 PM Pavel Borisov <pashkin.elfe@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I can agree with you that sending rebased patches too often can be a little annoying. On the other hand,
otherwise,it's just red in Cfbot. I suppose it's much easier and more comfortable to review the patches that at least
applycleanly and pass all tests. So if Cfbot is red for a long time I feel we need to send a rebased patchset anyway.

>> > I'll try to not doing this too often but frankly, I don't see a better alternative at the moment.
>>
>> Considering the overall activity on the mailing list personally I
>> don't see a problem here. Several extra emails don't bother me at all,
>> but I would like to see a green cfbot report for an open item in the
>> CF application. Otherwise someone will complain that the patch doesn't
>> apply anymore and the result will be the same as for sending an
>> updated patch, except that we will receive at least two emails instead
>> of one.
>
> Hi, Alexander!
> Agree with you. I also consider green cfbot entry important. So PFA rebased v43.

Since we have converted TransactionId to 64-bit, so do we still need
the concept of FullTransactionId?  I mean it is really confusing to
have 3 forms of transaction ids.  i.e. Transaction Id,
FullTransactionId and ShortTransactionId.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar