Re: Timezone information

От Dev Kumkar
Тема Re: Timezone information
Дата
Re: Timezone information  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:26 AM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 03:22:15AM +0530, Dev Kumkar wrote:

> Hmm. Missed one observation here, created a test table with timestamp
> column of type 'default current_timestamp'.
> When the query is executed from JDBC then it stores OS specific local time
> into this column.

Probably the JDBC driver is setting its TimeZone.  Really, try it:

SET TimeZone="UTC";
SELECT now();

SET TimeZone="EST5EDT";
SELECT now();

and so on.  Try selecting from your table, too, and you will discover
that the time zone of the timestamps changes.  If you're used to
certain other RDBMSes, this mode of functioning will be unusual, but
that really is how it works.

Yes had tried this earlier and it works as expected.

I think I missed that observation earlier and then was looking to set timezone in postgreSQL.conf which could ultimately resolve this.
But better is to set the TimeZone. Now haven't done anything special but JDBC is working with setting TimeZone and ODBC not. So what should I look from here now?

Regards...