Re: [GENERAL] Change postgresql encoding

От Oliver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Change postgresql encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 02/08/2015 11:20 AM, Oliver wrote:
Hi,
I have a new postgresql installation done, it has utf-8 encoding.
I have to make a Oracle database migration and it has ISO8859-15
encoding, should I change postgresql encoding to same Oracle encoding or
with utf-8 it should go well?
If I want change postgresql encoding, I have understood that I should
reinstall postgresql (I do installation from rpm official binary files
for red hat), someone knows say me if when you install software it asks
you for choosing encoding or it puts it from what you have in the
system? (I did installation from many time ago and I don't remember it).
Thanks beforehand.

What version of Postgres?

9.3.4

What version of RedHat?

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5

P.D.: I've tried change encoding to a new postgresql database to latin9,
but it gives me error for having utf-8.

What was the command you gave?

CREATE DATABASE xxx
  WITH ENCODING 'LATIN9'
       OWNER=xxx
       TEMPLATE=template0
       LC_COLLATE='es_ES.latin9'
       LC_CTYPE='es_ES.latin9'
       CONNECTION LIMIT=-1
       TABLESPACE=xxx;

What was the exact error message?

regional configuration name not valid <<es_ES.latin9>>
SQL state: 42809

I've tried es_ES.iso8859-15 and same error.
I'm using pgadmin III 1.18.1 for running querys. When I run "SHOW client_encoding;" it shows UNICODE.

Regards...

Thanks beforehand.

--
Adrian Klaver