Is file system replication sufficient to recovery?

От Tom Korach
Тема Is file system replication sufficient to recovery?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We have a Postgresql instance (0.5-4TB in size) used for development and on-line reporting.
We do not need high-availability, but we do need:
1. Quick disaster recovery (<1 hour) is important.
2. Recovery from corruption of the server or mistakes.

Will file-system replication be enough to achieve this goal?
Do we also need WAL file archiving?

We implemented streaming replication, but it's much more complex and harder to maintain.

Thanks
Tom