Re: So, about that cast-to-typmod-minus-one business

От Zhihong Yu
Тема Re: So, about that cast-to-typmod-minus-one business
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 10:06 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
We had left it as an open issue whether or not to risk back-patching
5c056b0c2 into stable branches [1].  While updating the v14 release notes,
I realized that we can't put off that decision any longer, because we
have to decide now whether to document that as a new behavior in v14.

I'm inclined to back-patch, since nobody has complained about this
in 14beta3.  Thoughts?

                        regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CABNQVagu3bZGqiTjb31a8D5Od3fUMs7Oh3gmZMQZVHZ%3DuWWWfQ%40mail.gmail.com

Hi,