So, about that cast-to-typmod-minus-one business

От Tom Lane
Тема So, about that cast-to-typmod-minus-one business
Дата
Re: So, about that cast-to-typmod-minus-one business  (Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com>)
Re: So, about that cast-to-typmod-minus-one business  (DEVOPS_WwIT <devops@ww-it.cn>)
Список pgsql-hackers
We had left it as an open issue whether or not to risk back-patching
5c056b0c2 into stable branches [1].  While updating the v14 release notes,
I realized that we can't put off that decision any longer, because we
have to decide now whether to document that as a new behavior in v14.

I'm inclined to back-patch, since nobody has complained about this
in 14beta3.  Thoughts?

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CABNQVagu3bZGqiTjb31a8D5Od3fUMs7Oh3gmZMQZVHZ%3DuWWWfQ%40mail.gmail.com