Re: Explain uses incoherent options

От Vik Reykja
Тема Re: Explain uses incoherent options
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Vik Reykja <vikreykja@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 14:28 +0200, Vik Reykja wrote:
> Steps to reproduce:
> * start a freshly installed pgAdmin 1.16.0-beta2 and open a query window on
> any database
> * type the query: "select 1"
> * press F7 or choose Explain from the menu
>
> Expected: the explain graph
> Observed: ERROR:  EXPLAIN option TIMING requires ANALYZE
>
> Since timing is on by default, this means the plain F7 is broken out of the
> box. It works as expected if I disable timing in the explain options.

You're right. I decided to set it up by default, but it has this issue
when you don't use the ANALYZE option. I'll need to find another way.

Can't it just not use timing when it's not using analyze?  That would seem like the saner solution to me.

Sorry about not replying to the list, I didn't do that on purpose.

Anyway, patch attached.  It removes the plain explain blocking when buffers and timing are checked, and instead prefers to ignore those settings when not doing an analyze.  I thought it was a bit silly that a simple explain was disabled just because you want to see buffers when doing an explain analyze (and timing wasn't taken into account which is what spawned the initial bug report).

This is my very first hack on pgAdmin, so if I screwed up on style guidelines or lack of comments or regression tests or what have you, please forgive me.  I'll learn from my mistakes for next time.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Wxwidgets has gone to 2.9.4
Сообщение: Re: Wxwidgets has gone to 2.9.4