Re: XLog size reductions: smaller XLRec block header for PG17

От vignesh C
Тема Re: XLog size reductions: smaller XLRec block header for PG17
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 22 Jan 2024 at 16:08, Aleksander Alekseev
<aleksander@timescale.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I'm seeing that there has been no activity in this thread for nearly 4
> > months, I'm planning to close this in the current commitfest unless
> > someone is planning to take it forward.
>
> I don't think that closing CF entries purely due to inactivity is a
> good practice (neither something we did before) as long as there is
> code, it applies, etc. There are a lot of patches and few people
> working on them. Inactivity in a given thread doesn't necessarily
> indicate lack of interest, more likely lack of resources.

There are a lot of patches like this and there is no clear way to find
out if someone wants to work on it or if they have lost interest in
it. That is the reason, I thought to send out a mail so that the
author/reviewer can reply and take it to the next state like ready for
committer state. If the author/reviewer is not planning to work in
this commitfest, but has plans to work in the next commitfest we can
move this to the next commitfest. I don't see a better way to identify
if the patch has interest or not.

Regards,
Vignesh