Re: How to revoke privileged from PostgreSQL's superuser

От Bear Giles
Тема Re: How to revoke privileged from PostgreSQL's superuser
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks, I didn't realize that this was handled by a flag instead of just the standard permissions.

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 7:43 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Bear Giles <bgiles@coyotesong.com> writes:
> In postgresql the equivalent user is 'postgres'. Nobody should ever be
> logged in as that user once you've created the initial user(s). What
> postgresql calls a 'superuser' is just a user with a few permissions set by
> default. It's easy to grant the same privileges to any user, or drop them
> from someone created as a superuser.

Well, more to the point, a superuser is somebody with the rolsuper bit
set in their pg_authid entry.  You can revoke the bootstrap superuser's
superuserness if you have a mind to -- see ALTER USER.  However, as
everyone has pointed out already, this is a bad idea and you will end
up undoing it.  (Figuring out how to do that without a reinstall is left
as penance for insisting on a bad idea.  It is possible, and I think
even documented.)

However: a whole lot of what the bootstrap superuser can do is inherent
in being the owner of all the built-in database objects, and that you
cannot get rid of.  Objects have to be owned by somebody.

Сообщение: Re: How to revoke privileged from PostgreSQL's superuser
Сообщение: Re: How to revoke privileged from PostgreSQL's superuser