Re: BUG #15324: Non-deterministic behaviour from parallelised sub-query

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: BUG #15324: Non-deterministic behaviour from parallelised sub-query
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 2:50 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
This looks related, but I think this is a different issue.

Sure.

The real
reason for this case is that row_number is marked as parallel_safe
which seems to be wrong.  I think it should be marked as
parallel_unsafe.

Marking the function parallel safe doesn't seem wrong to me.  The non-parallel-safe part is that the input gets fed to it in different order in different workers.  And I don't really think that to be the function's fault.

.m