Re: BUG #15324: Non-deterministic behaviour from parallelised sub-query

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: BUG #15324: Non-deterministic behaviour from parallelised sub-query
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to> wrote:
> Hi Amit,
>

>> > This seems broken as well:
>> >
>> >     create table qwr(a int not null, b int not null, c text not null);
>> >     insert into qwr select i, i, (select prosrc from pg_proc where
>> > oid=11734) from generate_series(1, 128000) i;
>> >     set parallel_setup_cost to 0;
>> >     analyze qwr;
>> >     select count(*) from qwr where (a, b) in (select a, row_number()
>> > over()
>> > from qwr);
>> >

>> I am getting below error in above steps:
>>
>> postgres=#     insert into qwr select i, i, (select prosrc from
>> pg_proc where oid=11734) from generate_series(1, 128000) i;
>> ERROR:  null value in column "c" violates not-null constraint
>> DETAIL:  Failing row contains (1, 1, null).
>

> Sorry, try this instead:
>
>  insert into qwr select i, i, (select prosrc from pg_proc where
> oid='ts_debug(regconfig,text)'::regprocedure) from generate_series(1,
> 128000) i;

This looks related, but I think this is a different issue.  The real
reason for this case is that row_number is marked as parallel_safe
which seems to be wrong.  I think it should be marked as
parallel_unsafe.   This needs some more analysis w.r.t which other
Window functions has a similar problem.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.