Re: Querying same lookup table with multiple columns based on another view

От Killian Driscoll
Тема Re: Querying same lookup table with multiple columns based on another view
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> In terms of database structure and typing efficiency, it might be better
> to restructure the lookup tables and create a new lookup table for each
> of the three columns instead of one combined one?

[Please keep you replies on-list - thanks!]

Sorry! Didn't mean that....

You'd better show us your table structures - we're only guessing
otherwise. However, I think typing efficiency isn't important, but
rather what your application needs to do with the data - you only type
the query once. :-)

In terms of structure I'm going to go with separate lookup tables as they are and should be distinct really.

I'm using pstgresql 9.3. I have set up the new lookup tables and now want to alter the fk constraints but keep the data already there (the new lookup tables with maintain the old pks). Below is one of the constraints:

CONSTRAINT macro_lookupg_macroscopic FOREIGN KEY (grain_id)
      REFERENCES irll.macro_lookup (macro_lookup_id) MATCH SIMPLE
      ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE RESTRICT.

In 9.3 is there an alter constraint option or do I have to drop the constraint and add the new one?

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Сообщение: Re: Querying same lookup table with multiple columns based on another view
Сообщение: Re: Querying same lookup table with multiple columns based on another view