Re: PostgreSQL 16 Beta 2 release announcement draft

От Roberto Mello
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 16 Beta 2 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 27, 2023 at 8:32 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> I used the open items list[1] to build the draft. If there are any
> notable please omissions, please let me know.

I noticed that ldap_password_hook [1] was omitted from the release
notes. I believe it should be included if nothing else so that it's
written somewhere that it's there. AFAIK there's no other
documentation about it.

Andrew Dunstan and John Naylor can add comments here, but a paragraph
like this could be added:

"A hook for modifying the ldapbind password was added to libpq. The
hook can be installed by a shared_preload library. This will allow
users who have to work with LDAP authentication to create their own
methods of dealing with ldap bind passwords. An example is provided at
test/modules/ldap_password_func/ldap_password_func.c"

Thanks,

Roberto

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=419a8dd8142afef790dafd91ba39afac2ca48aaf

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/test/modules/ldap_password_func/ldap_password_func.c;h=4d980d28b1ef3e37da365ebbd4ca998f4786b827;hb=419a8dd8142afef790dafd91ba39afac2ca48aaf