Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet

От s d
Тема Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It might be a dumb thought, but...
Did you run the script from ipython as postgres user?
External programs called by triggers run as postgres, and maybe your postgres user doesn't have rights to reach the remote service.

Regards,
Sandor

On 23 August 2015 at 09:09, Igor Sosa Mayor <joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com> wrote:
"Charles Clavadetscher" <clavadetscher@swisspug.org> writes:

> Are you sure that you really use exactly the same code? The indication
> "survice unknown" seems to point to an error in the URL and not to an
> authorization problem. Maybe some encoding problem?

THnaks for your hints.

Yes, exactly the same code. Exactly the same query: two consoles, one
with postgres, other with ipython. Postgres gives the error; ipython
works.

> The irritating thing is that you mention that it works sometimes and
> sometimes not. Getting back to the encoding problem idea, is there a
> difference if you call the function with a name containing special
> characters (e.g. "é", "à", "ñ") or not?

No special characters in the query. To be honest: it worked only 2-3
times at work and I thought 'finally I managed to do it work'. But since
then, it is not working anymore...

In any case: I'm pretty sure it is a problem of postgres which is not
able to make the connection. If I put a parameter timeout=15,
postgres gives immediately the same error.