Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet

"Charles Clavadetscher" <clavadetscher@swisspug.org> writes:

> Are you sure that you really use exactly the same code? The indication
> "survice unknown" seems to point to an error in the URL and not to an
> authorization problem. Maybe some encoding problem?

THnaks for your hints.

Yes, exactly the same code. Exactly the same query: two consoles, one
with postgres, other with ipython. Postgres gives the error; ipython
works.

> The irritating thing is that you mention that it works sometimes and
> sometimes not. Getting back to the encoding problem idea, is there a
> difference if you call the function with a name containing special
> characters (e.g. "é", "à", "ñ") or not?

No special characters in the query. To be honest: it worked only 2-3
times at work and I thought 'finally I managed to do it work'. But since
then, it is not working anymore...

In any case: I'm pretty sure it is a problem of postgres which is not
able to make the connection. If I put a parameter timeout=15,
postgres gives immediately the same error.

Сообщение: Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet
Сообщение: Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet