Re: could not link file in wal restore lines

От Zsolt Ero
Тема Re: could not link file in wal restore lines
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks a lot for the explanation and confirming that it's harmless.

On 10. Aug 2022 at 00:18:06, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
On 8/9/22 17:23, Zsolt Ero wrote:
Can you tell me how critical is the state of this patch? I mean is there
any chance of data corruption in the non-patched version?

We believe there is no chance of corruption due to these messages.

Because back-patching the better fix that was applied to PG15 could
cause unintended consequences, our decision, at least for now, was to
add a HINT [1] to the log message.

Regards,
-David

[1]