Re: What is the best way to force character data to upper case

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: What is the best way to force character data to upper case
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Dennis <dennis@kabonkulator.com> wrote:

I am wondering what the best way is to force character data to a specific case, like upper case for example.   Is a trigger or rule the only option?  Would a check constraint be better or faster than using rules or triggers, knowing that a check constraint puts the onus back on the client code to ensure the data is in the correct case?

For something like this I would think triggers would be more robust and I wouldn't expect the performance overhead to be that great.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers