Would like to contribute a section to docs for 9.3. Where to start?

От Chris Travers
Тема Would like to contribute a section to docs for 9.3. Where to start?
Дата
Re: Would like to contribute a section to docs for 9.3. Where to start?  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Re: Would like to contribute a section to docs for 9.3. Where to start?  (Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
Hi all;

I would like to contribute a "What is an Object Relational database?" section to the documentation for 9.3.  Where is the best place to start tools and community-process-wise?

My thinking is that since people are often confused by this label, it would be worth describing what it means, and describing in brief detail object-relational features in PostgreSQL.

My thinking is to cover the following features briefly:

 * Table inheritance
 * Type Extensibility
 * Tuples as Types, casting tuples to various other types.

I am thinking of skipping over things that may be seen as misfeatures, such as class.function syntax although this could be useful in the case of simulating calculated fields.  What do people think there?  Is this a feature or a misfeature?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers