Re: Would like to contribute a section to docs for 9.3. Where to start?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Would like to contribute a section to docs for 9.3. Where to start?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 03:41 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> Hi all;
>

> I would like to contribute a "What is an Object Relational database?"
> section to the documentation for 9.3.  Where is the best place to
> start tools and community-process-wise?
>

> My thinking is that since people are often confused by this label, it
> would be worth describing what it means, and describing in brief
> detail object-relational features in PostgreSQL.

A concrete example of the confusion caused by our current branding (with
no supporting documentation) recently appeared on -novice:

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/21709bce-0308-4e6f-9e1c-b9dc95360fe4@googlegroups.com

That's exactly the kind of (potential) user we should target with this
document.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis