Re: [DOCS] Site Administrators Gendered

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: [DOCS] Site Administrators Gendered
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 11:27 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> case.rollins@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > &quot;Possibly, your site administrator has already created a database for your
> > use. He should have told you what the name of your database is.&quot;
> >
> > should be
> >
> > &quot;Possibly, your site administrator has already created a database for your
> > use. They should have told you what the name of your database is.&quot;
> >
> > I imagine this mistake occurs elsewhere in the docs. It would be great to
> > see it fixed across the board.
>
> Sure.  This has been discussed before, I believe.  Feel free to submit a
> patch.

Actually, this has already been patched; see
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/741ccd5015f82e31f80cdc5d2ae81263ea92d794
The problem is that you're reading an ancient version of the docs.
A more recent version of the page does not have that problem:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/tutorial-createdb.html

We should fix the number agreement problem with the replacement.  Make site administrator plural.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/