Re: Questions about btree_gin vs btree_gist for low cardinality columns

От Morris de Oryx
Тема Re: Questions about btree_gin vs btree_gist for low cardinality columns
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 6:24 PM Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
On 01/06/2019 14:52, Morris de Oryx wrote:

I'd expect the distribution of values to be closer to a power law than
the Normal distribution -- at very least a few states would have the
most lookups.  But this is my gut feel, not based on any scientific
analysis!

G'day and thanks! (I'm in the country to the left of you....) Yeah, and my mocked data divides things up fairly evenly :(

I meant to mention that when I did my tests that I only had one index on at a time to prevent confusion. I also ran the speed tests several times so each was on a warm cache.

Сообщение: Re: Questions about btree_gin vs btree_gist for low cardinalitycolumns
Сообщение: Re: Questions about btree_gin vs btree_gist for low cardinalitycolumns