Re: backup script error with could not connect to database

От bw
Тема Re: backup script error with could not connect to database
Дата
Re: backup script error with could not connect to database
Список pgsql-admin
Did you try

root su -c postgres pg_dumpall > postgresdump.sql

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 at 19:55, Pepe TD Vo <pepevo@yahoo.com> wrote:

> hello expert,
>
> I had to do a backup on replication master-slave servers.  I also have asked this question before, but  I don't
understandwhy I followed the information and same scripting to run on the replication servers and didn't work.  I can
runpg_dumpall successful but not with the script.  Would you please tell me what's wrong and what need to correct the
error?

> my replication server (master) pg_hba.conf
>
> # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> local   all   all                                                     peer
> host   all    all                     192.168.2.0/24        trust
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host   all   all                       127.0.0.1/32           indent
> local  all   postgres                                            trust
> host   all   power_user         0.0.0.0/0               md5
> host   all   other_user          0.0.0.0/0                md5
> host   all   storageLoader    0.0.0.0/0                md5
> # IPv6 local connections:
> host   all   all                        ::1/128                  indent
> #allow replication connections from localhost, by a user with the replication priviledge
> local   replication   all                                        trust
> host   replication   all         127.0.0.1/32           trust
> host   replicaiton   all         ::1/128                    trust
> host   replication   replicauser     masterIP/32  trust
> host   replicaiton   replicauser     slaveIP/32     trust
>
> from the postgres prompt I can connect to each database
>
> #psql -d template0 -U postgres
> template0-#
> #psql -d template1 -U postgres
> template1-#
>
> #psql -d pscidr -U postgres
> pscidr-#
> #psql -d postgres -U postgres
> postgres-#
>

> when I run the script as postgres os, I don't see the error but the only global.sql backup but nothing in it, 0 byte
(blank)sql script.

> when I run as root su -c postgres /path/pg_backup.sh > pgbackup.log, I get below:
>
> Performing globals backup:
> Globals backup
> pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1":FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres" fro
globalsbackup.

> Performing schema-only backup:
> psql:FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"
> the following databases were matched for schema-only backup:
>
> performing full backup:
> psql:FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"
>

> I can run pg_dumpall > postgresdump.sql as postgres user os fine will all the databases backup
>
> pg_backup.sh and pg_backup.config attachment.
>
> v/r,
>
> Bach-Nga
>
> No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less,
loveand forgive more.
> To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit
hewas, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

От: Douglas Reed
Сообщение: Problem with Altering a table column
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Problem with Altering a table column