Re: [ADMIN] Configuring LDAP in the pg_hba.conf file

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Configuring LDAP in the pg_hba.conf file
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 12:19 PM, John Scalia <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I've been slowly going nuts with trying to get LDAP authentication working. The following edited ldapsearch string works exactly as I need it:

ldapsearch -h ldap.example.com -b "dc=example,dc=com" -D "uid=pgsqlldap,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com" "(&(uid=myuid)(memberOf=cn=pgsqlsandbox,cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com))" -w current_password

but I can't seem to translate this into any form that will work in the pg_hba.conf file. I've tried setting the various parameters separately like ldapbinddn, ldapbindpasswd, etc., and I've tried setting ldap_prefix, ldap_suffix, etc., and I've also tried to set ldapurl, but something always seems broken.

Can anyone suggest a proper format for the pg_hba.conf line? I seem to be hung up on getting the search filter correct and I'd like to have postgresql substitute the user's id rather than hard coding one in here.

Thanks in advance,

I always get hung up here too.  The last time I did it, I used (in pg_hba.conf).  I haven't used this in about 2 years so, I may be off, but hopefully this helps....

ldap "ldap://192.168.1.1/ou=People,dc=example,dc=com;uid=;,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com"

( Notice the 'uid=;'  )

--Scott

Jay

Scott Mead