Re: [ADMIN] Replicate only 1 out of 2 databases of Server A to ServerB ?

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Replicate only 1 out of 2 databases of Server A to ServerB ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 9:33 AM, czezz <czezz@o2.pl> wrote:
Hi all.

PostgreSQL 9.2.18
Running on replication mode Master-Slave (async).
Server A (2 databases) is fully replicated to Server B.
That works OK.

Question:
Is it possible to replicate only 1 out of 2 databases of Server A to Server B?

With 9.2, I think your only real solution is to use logical replication: bucardo, slony, londiste.  These tools require a more involved setup and configuration than streaming replication (they're not built-in).

For 9.4+ you can use pg_logical.  It's 'kind of' built in, you will still need a separate download and separate configuration flow.

  All of the above allow you to select to the object (table, sequence) level.  Just be careful, unlike streaming, there are a lot of caveats.  For example, new tables are not auto-replicated, you cannot ALTER TABLE.

--Scott

Best regards,
czezz

Scott Mead