Re: Urgent help required

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: Urgent help required
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Nagaraj Shindagi <nagaraj.shindagi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi team,

i am nagaraj, i am newbi in this database world. i required your help.
2 dyas back i formatted one of my client system. which is having postgresql 8.2 database & that was having data. but i am not taken backup of the data.
1) how to take the data from the formatted harddisk. ?

If you have formatted your system, then your data is gone.  You may have luck with some data-recovery service.

2) how many folders or files will be their at base folder. When we install postgresql 8.2?

You need the PostgreSQL 'data' directory and all the files underneath.

3) how to identify which folder contain which file. ?

That depends on where you you downloaded postgres from and which platform you are on.

--Scott

Please help it is very urgent.
thanks and regards

--