Re: Problem with schemas, possibly oids?

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: Problem with schemas, possibly oids?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 12:04 PM Arni <Arni.Kromic@bios-ict.hr> wrote:
> Apparently, postgres thinks the identifier should be quoted if it
> contains capitals, and not if there are none (or any other characters it
> finds offensive!) That inevitably leads to different behaviors for
> different types of identifier names, which may introduce subtle bugs as
> is the case here.

And this is the behaviour I was expecting by quote_ident and
format('%I'), so I still don't see the case for the bug here. Unless
you are mixing upper and lower cases passing arguments to the
function, such as clone_schema( 'foo') and expecting it will clone
"FOO".

That's my fault, I cannot see the problem with quote_ident as it has
been applied consistently.

Luca

Сообщение: Re: Problem with schemas, possibly oids?
Сообщение: Re: Problem with schemas, possibly oids?