Re: manual and autovacuum

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: manual and autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 2:16 PM, prashant Pandey
<prashantpandeyfun10@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thankyou for your reply. I just want to know that what are the strting
> recommended value for the vacuum parameters.

The defaults values. Or at least, I will trust such values as good
starting values.

> As in what values are
> unacceptable and cause problems to our database and which values will work
> for a normal database

Optimizing vacuum and autovacuum sounds to me like a very complex job,
in particular because there are no "normal" databases. Each
database/cluster has different needs and behavior, so I guess the only
chance is to focus on the main needs you want to achieve (throughput,
cpu utilization, disk spped, etc.) and work on that adjusting related
autovaccum parameters (that is parameters can work against your aim).
In short: I believe there no one answer to you question.

Luca