Re: Possible race condition in pg_mkdir_p()?

От Ning Yu
Тема Re: Possible race condition in pg_mkdir_p()?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 2:21 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> That's my impression as well.  Please note that this does not involve
> an actual bug in Postgres and that this is rather invasive, so this
> does not really qualify for a back-patch.  No objections to simplify
> the backend on HEAD though.  It would be good if you could actually
> register a patch to the commit fest app [1] and also rework the patch
> set so as at least PathNameCreateTemporaryDir wins its simplifications
> for the first problem (double-checking the other code paths would be
> nice as well).  The EEXIST handling, and the confusion about EEXIST
> showing for both a path and a file need some separate handling (not
> sure what to do on these parts yet).

Thanks for the suggestion and information, we will rework the patch and
register it.  The planned changes are: 1) remove the tests (cool!), 2)
simplify PathNameCreateTemporaryDir() and other callers.  The EEXIST
handling will be put in a separate patch so depends on the reviews we
could accept or drop it easily.

Best Regards
Ning