Re: Question on pgwatch

От Bikram Majumdar
Тема Re: Question on pgwatch
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi George,

So nice for your response.

Thanks. But, my question is how does it get the IP address 172.17.0.2 ?

And, how does one run psql command to connect/login to the test database ( pgwatch configuration database)  to add any database ?

Thanks and regards,
Bikram

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 2:00 AM Georg H. <georg-h@silentrunner.de> wrote:
Hello Bikram,

Am 22.08.2019 um 23:50 schrieb Bikram MAJUMDAR:
> Hi,
> Need help from anyone in the team who has worked on pgwatch2.
>
> Yesterday we installed  pgwatch2 docker image and started the container.
> We are running the pgwatch2 container from the database server itself -
> Now we want to add our databases for monitoring using the admin interface:
> We are opening the pgwatch2 admin interface at <host IP>:8080/dbs.But, when we try to add the database (cemtore) in the admin interface we get the following error:
>
> Could not connect to specified host (ignore if gatherer daemon runs on another host): FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "172.17.0.2", user "cemtore", database "cemtore", SSL off
>
> Any idea what we are doing wrong?
>
> We would now like to add the database manually following notes below:
> Usage
> by default the pgwatch2 configuration database running inside Docker is being monitored so that you can immediately see some graphs, but you should add new databases by opening the admin interface at 127.0.0.1:8080/dbs or logging into the Postgres config DB and inserting into pgwatch2.monitored_db table (db - pgwatch2 , default user/pw - pgwatch2/pgwatch2admin)
>
> But, my question is, how do I run the psql on my  database server to login to this default pgwatch2 configuration DB?
>
> Bikram Majumdar
> Sr Software Developer/DBA, Aqsacom Inc.
> c. 1.972.365.3737

As the message states (FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host
"172.17.0.2", user "cemtore", database "cemtore", SSL off) you have to
edit pg_hba.conf of the PostgreSQL Cluster hosting the cemtore database

to allow connections from pgwatch to it as your current config doesn't
allow that. Also you may need the connecting user within your database
with the required rights (if not added yet).

regards

Georg