Re: [HACKERS] Support for pg_receivexlog --post-segment command

От Feike Steenbergen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Support for pg_receivexlog --post-segment command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 6 January 2017 at 15:42, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> Is there actual value in providing both %p and %f? It's not like it's really hard to do, but since the path will be specified on the same commandline, you could just put it in the command?

As %f can be determined from %p I don't mind that much. However, having a single static --whatever command may be very useful for configuration management or backup tools that want to use static commands.

The other reason why I'd offer both is to have some uniformity with archive_command, possibly allowing some reuse of code.