Re: [HACKERS] Support for pg_receivexlog --post-segment command

От David Steele
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Support for pg_receivexlog --post-segment command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/6/17 10:15 AM, Feike Steenbergen wrote:

> On 6 January 2017 at 15:42, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net
> <mailto:magnus@hagander.net>> wrote:
>
>> Is there actual value in providing both %p and %f? It's not like it's
> really hard to do, but since the path will be specified on the same
> commandline, you could just put it in the command?
>
> As %f can be determined from %p I don't mind that much. However, having
> a single static --whatever command may be very useful for configuration
> management or backup tools that want to use static commands.
>
> The other reason why I'd offer both is to have some uniformity with
> archive_command, possibly allowing some reuse of code.

Agreed.  Currently pgBackRest only accepts %p for archive_command
because it already knows where $PGDATA is.  Of course I can change that,
but I think it makes sense to keep command options uniform anyway.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net