Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum

От Mahendra Singh Thalor
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 at 14:47, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 12:51 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 11:39 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have performed cost delay testing on the latest test(I have used
> > same script as attahced in [1] and [2].
> > vacuum_cost_delay = 10
> > vacuum_cost_limit = 2000
> >
> > Observation: As we have concluded earlier, the delay time is in sync
> > with the I/O performed by the worker
> > and the total delay (heap + index) is almost the same as the
> > non-parallel operation.
> >

> Thanks for doing this test again.  In the attached patch, I have
> addressed all the comments and modified a few comments.

Hi,
Below are some review comments for v50 patch.

1.
+LVShared
+LVSharedIndStats
+LVParallelState
 LWLock

I think, LVParallelState should come before LVSharedIndStats.

2.
+    /*
+     * It is possible that parallel context is initialized with fewer workers
+     * then the number of indexes that need a separate worker in the current
+     * phase, so we need to consider it.  See compute_parallel_vacuum_workers.
+     */

This comment is confusing me. I think, "then" should be replaced with "than".

--
Thanks and Regards
Mahendra Singh Thalor