Re: postgres for production

От Azimuddin Mohammed
Тема Re: postgres for production
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
thanks for the reply scott.
The reads are pretty quick, we will use pg for reading/storing  metadata information only. not complex joins run, and the 4 dbs are of different size , each db around 200 GB max total

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 10:28 AM, Scott Whitney <scott@journyx.com> wrote:

Not really with only that information. There's a lot more to running any database in a virtualized environment.

Additionally, 8 cores max? Well, how long does a read or a write take? Are these complex SELECTs with multiple joins of millions of rows that return in 30s or 1m? If so, do you have 10 people per minute trying to run them? If so, life is not going to look good for you.

What size are the databases? 4 databases of equal size and equal use? Etc. etc.

From: Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 10:23 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: postgres for production

Hello,
I have a question for postgres hardware requirement for production installation. My org want to use Vms with only 8 cores max + 64Gb RAM max. I have 4 database out of which 1 Db is write extensive 1 db is read extensive and moderate write and 2 other DBs are read with write one.

can someone suggest me is this a good configuration with respect to hardware ?

Thanks in Advance.

--

Regards,
Azim