Re: Hybrid Hash/Nested Loop joins and caching results from subplans

От Andy Fan
Тема Re: Hybrid Hash/Nested Loop joins and caching results from subplans
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 My question is whether it should be added as an optional facility of a parameterised sub plan, rather than an always-needed full-strength node. That way the choice of whether to use it can happen at execution time once we notice that we've been called too many times.

Actually I am not sure about what does the "parameterized sub plan" mean (I
treat is a SubPlan Node), so please correct me if I misunderstand you:)  Because
the inner plan in nest loop not a SubPlan node actually.  so if bind the
facility to SubPlan node, we may loss the chances for nest loop.  And when we
consider the usage for nest loop,  we can consider the below example, where this
feature will be more powerful.

select j1o.i, j2_v.sum_5
from j1 j1o
inner join lateral