Re: Hybrid Hash/Nested Loop joins and caching results from subplans

От Andy Fan
Тема Re: Hybrid Hash/Nested Loop joins and caching results from subplans
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Thanks for running those tests.  I had a quick look at the results and
I think to say that all 4 are better is not quite right. One is
actually a tiny bit slower and one is only faster due to a plan
change.

Yes..  Thanks for pointing it out.

Q18 uses a result cache for 2 x nested loop joins and has a 0% hit
ratio.  The execution time is reduced to 91% of the original time only
because the planner uses a different plan, which just happens to be
faster by chance.
Q20 uses a result cache for the subplan and has a 0% hit ratio.  The
execution time is 100.27% of the original time. There are 8620 cache
misses.

Looks the case here is some statistics issue or cost model issue. I'd
like to check more about that.  But before that, I upload the steps[1] I used
in case you want to reproduce it locally.

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan

Сообщение: Re: Removal of currtid()/currtid2() and some table AM cleanup
Сообщение: Re: Removal of currtid()/currtid2() and some table AM cleanup