Re: BUG #17650: For the sixth time, the clipping function in the 120 partition table planning stage fails

От Andy Fan
Тема Re: BUG #17650: For the sixth time, the clipping function in the 120 partition table planning stage fails
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 10:06 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
 Then it'll decide "nope, we'll stick to custom
planning" and the subsequent executions take the same amount of
time as before.

I think we have known the cost model issue for any kind of run-time partition prune
(initial partition prune or execution partition prune),  the issue is that we always cost
the partitions which have been pruned already.  One of the side effects is that a generic
plan is nearly impossible to win, hence planning effort is always there.   Do you think
we need to do anything for this?   We can't forecast how many / which partitions
are pruned or left,  but even we just improve the case where only 1 partition is left, we
improve the most common cases.

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan

Сообщение: Re: WAL segments removed from primary despite the fact that logical replication slot needs it.
Сообщение: Re: WAL segments removed from primary despite the fact that logical replication slot needs it.