Re: WAL segments removed from primary despite the fact that logical replication slot needs it.

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: WAL segments removed from primary despite the fact that logical replication slot needs it.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 7:31 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> One point that bothers me is it seems that the walsender was
> killed. If the file is removed while the walsender is working, logical
> replication worker receives the error and emits "ERROR: could not
> receive data...has been removed" instead of suddenly disconnected as
> in this case.  Considering this together with the possibility that the
> segments were removed by someone else, I suspencted virus scanners but
> that has found to be false..

Yeah, as requested yesterday, maybe checking if this can be reproduced
will help us to narrow down the cause. If this doesn't happen due to
an application mistake it appears that after the slot becomes inactive
during the time walsender was down, the server removes the required
files but there is nothing in the code that suggests that such a thing
can happen.

Are there any more logs on publisher/subscriber which indicate any
sort of error?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.