Re: Extract numeric filed in JSONB more effectively

От Andy Fan
Тема Re: Extract numeric filed in JSONB more effectively
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom:

On Fri, Aug 4, 2023 at 3:13 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Andy Fan <zhihui.fan1213@gmail.com> writes:
>> If you use explicit cast, then the code should not be hard, in the
>> rewrite stage all information should be known.

> Can you point to me where the code is for the XML stuff?

I think Pavel means XMLTABLE, which IMO is an ugly monstrosity of
syntax --- but count on the SQL committee to do it that way :-(.

Thanks for this input!

As far as the current discussion goes, I'm strongly against
introducing new functions or operators to do the same things that
we already have perfectly good syntax for.  "There's more than one
way to do it" isn't necessarily a virtue, and for sure it isn't a
virtue if people have to rewrite their existing queries to make use
of your optimization.

I agree, this is always the best/only reason I'd like to accept.

I do like the idea of attaching a Simplify planner support function
to jsonb_numeric (and any other ones that seem worth optimizing)

I have a study planner support function today,  that looks great and
I don't think we need much work to do to get our goal, that's amzing.

For all the people who are interested in this topic, I will post a
planner support function soon,  you can check that then.

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan