Re: BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to acceptincoming network connections" dialog box madness

От John Daniel
Тема Re: BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to acceptincoming network connections" dialog box madness
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to acceptincoming network connections" dialog box madness  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
concur with all

Just FYI for those keeping track - so far no dialog boxes have popped up since I removed that text line.
Seems to be success and a simple fix too :)

FYI - this machine was originally a 10.8.5 machine - I mirrored the system drive to an external so I could still boot 10.8.5  - then I installed the latest Os
 - so the line above from Thomas "but if you upgraded a 4+ year old system that started out on 10.9 or earlier you may still have it." seems to be a very accurate call.

@ Tom Lane - thank you for pointing me in the right direction!!!!!!!!

to paraphrase Douglas Adams - "I was about to reprogram my Mac Mini with a very large axe..."

I think my Mac and I are both very glad it did not come to that. : )

thanks gang!
mischief managed
jd

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 1:51 AM, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 6:40 PM, Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:
>>> On Jul 26, 2018, at 16:48, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> I still have no idea *why* the fe80::1%lo0 line is in there, or whether
>>> there's any downside to taking it out.  File dates on my own Macs suggest
>>> that maybe Apple shipped some OSX versions years ago that had it in there
>>> by default, and that newer versions don't have it, but system upgrades
>>> don't replace the file if it's already present.
>>
>> That seems to be correct.  I'm on Sierra on a system that's been upgraded and System Migrated since 10.4, and have never installed Unreal Engine, and it's present in my /etc/hosts file.
>
> I'm on a High Sierra (10.13) laptop that originally came with Yosemite
> (10.10, current from October 2014 to September 2015), and it doesn't
> have that entry in /etc/hosts.

... and based on various random reports found via Google, it looks
like Mavericks (10.9) probably did have that entry.  So I suspect that
Yosemite (10.10) was the first not to include it, but if you upgraded