Re: BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to acceptincoming network connections" dialog box madness

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to acceptincoming network connections" dialog box madness
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to acceptincoming network connections" dialog box madness  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 6:40 PM, Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:
>>> On Jul 26, 2018, at 16:48, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> I still have no idea *why* the fe80::1%lo0 line is in there, or whether
>>> there's any downside to taking it out.  File dates on my own Macs suggest
>>> that maybe Apple shipped some OSX versions years ago that had it in there
>>> by default, and that newer versions don't have it, but system upgrades
>>> don't replace the file if it's already present.
>>
>> That seems to be correct.  I'm on Sierra on a system that's been upgraded and System Migrated since 10.4, and have
neverinstalled Unreal Engine, and it's present in my /etc/hosts file.

> I'm on a High Sierra (10.13) laptop that originally came with Yosemite
> (10.10, current from October 2014 to September 2015), and it doesn't
> have that entry in /etc/hosts.

... and based on various random reports found via Google, it looks
like Mavericks (10.9) probably did have that entry.  So I suspect that
Yosemite (10.10) was the first not to include it, but if you upgraded
a 4+ year old system that started out on 10.9 or earlier you may still
have it.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com